Traditionally, you would think of Mozzarella as a cheese to enjoy in the summer with tomato and basil. Well, think again! Miyoko’s Mozzarella can be used in a variety of dishes, even as a winter salad. This plant-based cheese adds nutty and creamy flavors to this salad, which is packed with fresh fruits and roasted vegetables. Enjoy it as a light lunch or hearty dinner with a crusty toast or even a simple cup of soup.Serves: 4-6
Learn More ›
- Roast the vegetables ahead or the day before
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast the beets separate from other fruits and vegetables by seasoning with salt, pepper and 2 teaspoon of garam masala and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Cut pears, Brussels sprouts, squash, red onion (I enjoy adding onion to this mixture to add the perfect umami to the salad, especially when it’s roasted until soft), and kale.
- Toss with the remainder of the garam masala, salt, pepper, and a few drizzles of olive oil. Again roast until soft.
- After all your vegetables are cool, toss together, add lemon juice and whole grain mustard, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Cut lettuce and place on plate; pile on the roasted veggies.
- Top the salad with grated cheese