Christmas cookies are as classic as chestnuts roasting on an open fire or Jack Frost nipping at your nose. These Gingerbread Friends are a Clean version of your favorite holiday gingerbread cookies! Kids and adults alike will love them, so they are perfect for this year’s Christmas gathering.Serves:
Learn More ›
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light a fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg, and water.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients minus frosting. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each into a disk. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with a floured 4 inch gingerbread person cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are firm, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost as desired.
*If you can’t find dark brown sugar, simply add a tablespoon of molasses to regular brown sugar!