We are officially into the autumn season, which means warm sweaters, crackling fires, fleece slippers, hot cocoa, and hearty soups. Nothing beats a soup that is packed with vitamins and nutrients to fuel the body through the cold and flu season.
This creamy soup contains a healthy mixture of pumpkin and coconut milk. Vitamins C, E, and beta-carotene, all found in pumpkin, have been shown to help support overall eye health and prevent degenerative damage.
Coconut milk also totes a list of benefits when it comes to health. The unique fatty acids in coconuts have shown to improve immune function, reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes, lower cholesterol levels, and improve blood pressure. And, if that's not enough for you, coconuts are also one of the best sources of lauric acid, which has antibacterial and antiviral activities.
Learn More ›
Directions1. n a dutch oven or large pot, sauté the onion until translucent, about five minutes.
2. Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, and spices; whisk to combine.
3. Gradually add the bone broth or stock, whisking until fully incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy.
5. While the soup simmers, prepare the honey yogurt. Whip the yogurt together with the honey. Set aside.
6. Divide the soup into dishes, add a dollop of honey yogurt and swirl with a knife to create a decorative design. Sprinkle with pepitas.