No summer picnic or barbecue is complete without potato salad, but this potluck staple has more to offer than just festive memories. Cold potatoes provide resistant starch, a solid, crystalline form of starch that acts as a prebiotic and supports digestive health. So there's no shame in digging in!Serves: 6
Angela C. Hind, M.D.
Learn More ›
Directions1. Prepare the potatoes and then cool in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
2. While the potatoes are cooling, prepare the eggs and chop the herbs.
3. Remove potatoes from the refrigerator and place in a large serving bowl.
4. Add the onions, parsley, salt, and pepper and gently mix in.
5. Add mayonnaise, starting with 1/2 cup, and stir to incorporate. Add more mayonnaise, if desired.
6. Sprinkle eggs on top and gently incorporate, taking care not to break up the eggs too much.
7. Top with additional salt, pepper, and herbs for garnish.
8. Serve immediately or can be prepared 1 day ahead.