The thing I hear most from my friends and clients is that they don’t have enough time to make nutritious homemade meals for their families during the week. We all know how that feels. Sometimes work, errands, and the kids’ after school activities take up too much of our day and then we walk in the door with no plans for what to put on the table for dinner.
This meal is my little secret saving grace. I go to Earth Fare and pick up the premade meatballs from the meat department. They make them in-store, and I know I’m getting high quality ingredients. Then I just pick up a few zucchinis, some Earth Fare spaghetti sauce (my favorite is their marinara), and shredded parmesan from their specialty department. Super simple, and all under $16 to feed a family of 4!
12 pre-made raw meatballs from the meat department ($7.99)
1 Jar Earth Fare Spaghetti Sauce ($2.99)
¼ cup Earth Fare Parmesan Cheese ($0.99)
3 Medium Zucchini ($3.99)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and place the meatballs on top. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
2) Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
3) While the meatballs are cooking, pour the sauce in a saucepan and heat on low until heated through.
4) Spiralize your zucchini. You will need a spiralizer to do this, or you can use a julienne slicer. Just make sure they are nice and small, you want the zucchini to be thin like spaghetti.
5) Divide your raw zucchini in 4 bowls, top with spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and parmesan cheese.