Spice up your Burger!
Makes 6 Burgers
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- Kosher Salt
- 4 oz shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Young Guns Hatch Valley Green Chiles roasted and diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- Roasting Young Gun Hatch Valley Green Chiles:
- Preheat broiler to 425 degrees, line baking sheet with foil, lightly coat Young Gun Valley Green Chiles peppers with olive oil, season with salt and place them on the baking sheet in single layer.
- Place the baking tray on the upper rack of oven and roast for about 10 minutes until the chiles start to blister and blacken.
- Flip peppers and roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- After roasting place chiles in a bowl and cover with foil and allow to steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and let cool. Once cooled, peel and dice the chiles.
- Cook Burgers:
- Very gently form the beef into four 6oz burgers – careful not to pack the meat too tightly. Season generously on both sides with kosher salt and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on the grill or in a cast iron skillet with a small amount of oil according to your preference.
- Add the 1 ounce of shredded cheese in the last minute of cooking.
- Once finished cooking, remove from heat and tent with foil for 5 minutes to rest.
- Young Gun Hatch Valley Green Chiles and Onion Topping:
- In a skillet on medium heat, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onions until soft and start to caramelize, about 10-15 minutes
- Add the cup of diced Young Guns Hatch Valley Green Chile to the skillet, adding a touch more oil if necessary. Continue to cook the Young Guns Hatch Valley Green Chile and onions for another 5 minutes or until the chiles are cooked through and soft.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Build Burger:
- Place the rested burger on the bottom bun and top with the chile and onion mixture, add your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!