There’s nothing like a chilled slice of watermelon to cool you off. But, hey, sticky fingers aren’t always fun. This juice combines a summertime classic with aloe for a refreshing beverage after some serious outdoor activity (or just to chill out).
Aloe is known as a natural skin solution, but it’s also packed with nutritional benefits as a drink. These nutrients include vitamins A, C, E, and B12, as well as minerals like potassium, zinc, and magnesium. It’s a great option for recovery from a workout or any strenuous activity. So drink up and toast to your health!
Watermelon and Aloe juice
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1/2 large aloe leaf (i.e. Elephant Aloe sold in Produce Department)
- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut water
- Basil, for garnish
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cut aloe leaf along the side and scoop out flesh into a blender. Add watermelon and top off with coconut water. Blend on medium speed for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with pink salt and basil.
- Sip and enjoy!