Kids (and adults) need fruit and protein, every day. This easy smoothie makes a quick breakfast or afternoon snack to fuel your summer activities all day long.
Summer Fruit and Protein Smoothie
– 1 cup cold blueberries
– 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
– 2 Tablespoons almond butter or organic peanut butter
– 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
– 6 walnuts
– 2 Brazil nuts
– 1 large frozen banana
– 1 Tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
– 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
– 1 cup ice cubes
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high, until the mixture is uniform consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more coconut milk as needed.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Hind practiced traditional Internal Medicine for 17 years. Watching patients suffer under the weight of chronic illnesses such as cancer, Diabetes, and autoimmune disease, she became acutely aware of the inability of the current medical system to prevent and treat the growing epidemic of chronic disease. In 2012 she received additional training in molecular toxicology and Functional Medicine — the personalized approach to preventing and treating disease using diet, toxin avoidance, and stress reduction. In 2014 she opened You, M.D., a consulting firm dedicated to providing accurate information about the intersection between environmental toxins, industrial food and health, for businesses wanting to use health as a guide for societal change.