This easy salad is a great way to put your bounty of summer produce to use. Carrots and parsley are easily accessible and pack essential nutrients, like beta-carotene and vitamin C. With bright orange and deep green, it’s a great way to add some vibrancy to your plate.
Summer Carrot and Parsley Salad
– 7 organic carrots, peeled
– 1 small bunch of parsley (or cilantro), stems removed
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar
– 1 garlic glove, minced
– 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make the vinaigrette by combining olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Place the carrots and parsley in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and chop to desired consistency. (You can also shred the carrots and chop the parsley by hand.)
3. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle the vinaigrette over the carrots and parsley.
4. Serve immediately.
Dr. Hind practiced traditional Internal Medicine for 17 years. Watching patients suffer under the weight of chronic illnesses such as cancer, Diabetes, and autoimmune disease, she became acutely aware of the inability of the current medical system to prevent and treat the growing epidemic of chronic disease. In 2012 she received additional training in molecular toxicology and Functional Medicine — the personalized approach to preventing and treating disease using diet, toxin avoidance, and stress reduction. In 2014 she opened You, M.D., a consulting firm dedicated to providing accurate information about the intersection between environmental toxins, industrial food and health, for businesses wanting to use health as a guide for societal change.