Beets are one of nature’s most beneficial foods. Great for detoxification, beets are packed with immune-boosting Vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese. They also make for a wonderful and colorful addition to a spring salad.
This salad combines classic beets with the tartness of oranges and the creaminess of goat cheese. It’s the perfect starter for any spring meal and a hearty salad that’s great for picnics. And don’t forget to save those leafy green tops from the beets for juices or smoothies on another day!
Spring Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 cups fresh greens (we used organicgirl Mâche Rosettes)
- 2 large beets, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Earth Fare Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and prepare veggies and salad ingredients, then arrange on a large serving dish.
- Immediately before serving, whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
- Top with additional salt or pepper (if desired) and enjoy!