There’s nothing like the flavors of Autumn, with the tastes of cinnamon and nutmeg to warm us up as the weather cools. As tradition goes, Fall is the season for apples, cider, and baking. What better way to utilize all of the wonderful flavors than to make a delicious Apple Cider bundt cake featuring Earth Fare’s Organic Spiced Apple Cider.
This autumn treat hosts healthier ingredients, such as organic coconut oil rather than butter, which gives it a lovely tender crumb, high Omega 3s (healthy fats), and a delicious nutty essence that creates a heavenly flavor combination with the spices. Whole wheat pastry flour adds fiber and organic cane sugar is free of chemical byproducts. You’re not only getting a dessert that’s delicious, but also has some added health perks. This cake is also less sweet than most, which makes it perfect for a breakfast snack with coffee. Enjoy!
- 2 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Pasty flour
- 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Earth Fare Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Earth Fare Spiced Organic Apple Cider
- ¾ cup Earth Fare unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup Earth Fare Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (In liquid form or melted/cooled to room temperature)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- ½ cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk all of the dry ingredients, flours, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients, cider, applesauce, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla until fully combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl, whisking only until fully combined with no lumps. Do not over mix.
- Grease a standard Bundt pan with shortening, coconut oil or vegetable oil. Ensure to cover the center tube and all of the nooks of the pan. Coat with sugar by sprinkling cane sugar into the pan, move the pan around to coat the sides and center tube with sugar.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40 min. top will be golden brown. Check with a tooth pick until it comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 min. scrap sides of pan with a rubber, heat proof spatula to loosen the cake from the sides and center tube. Turn cake over onto a cooling rack. Let cool to room temperature.
- For the topping: in a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- When cake is cooled, brush with melted butter and generously sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.