Throughout our lives, our hormones levels change and adapt, but they can also get out of whack. This can be caused by a range of chronic illnesses, but also by exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals, such as pesticides, herbicides, and artificial growth hormones. A hormone imbalance can lead to trouble sleeping, brain fog, lack of energy, digestive issues, moodswings, and much more.
To help take back your endocrine system, try this healthy twist on the classic shrimp and grits. We replace the grits with Organic riced broccoli and top it with tangy, rBST-free crumbled feta.
- 1-16 oz. package of Earth Fare Frozen Small Raw Shrimp
- 1-12 oz. package of Earth Fare Organic Riced Broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Handpicked Irish Butter, Unsalted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handpicked Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Green onions, sliced
- Parsley, roughly chopped
- Drain and pat dry riced broccoli. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter and add garlic and shallot in a pan. Saute, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and shallot is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes, until skins start to wrinkle and brown.
- Add riced broccoli and mix to combine. Let mixture sit undisturbed for 4-6 minutes so the broccoli gets a little crispy.
- While broccoli cooks, season shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Add more butter to another pan over medium-high heat, and working quickly, add shrimp then flip each after two minutes. Let cook another two minutes then immediately remove from pan.
- Divide riced broccoli among four plates and top with shrimp. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle chives, parsely, and feta cheese on top, and enjoy!