Nothing says happy spring more than a plate full of vibrant, cheerful carrots. This recipe lightly roasts the carrots so that their natural sweetness and crunch still sing. Combine that with the tang of garlic and pepper and you have the perfect (and easiest) side for an elegant family meal.
We used Thrive® Algae Oil for this recipe. Never heard of algae oil? That’s okay because it’s brand new. Algae oil is one of our favorite kitchen staples for a few reasons. It has 75% less saturated fat than olive oil and contains the highest level of monounsaturated fat. In fact, one tablespoon of algae oil is equal to the same amount of healthy fats contained in an entire avocado! Algae is also one of the most sustainable foods on the planet – so what’s not to love? And don’t be afraid of the taste; it’s absolutely neutral, allowing the natural flavor of the carrots to truly standout.
Roasted Spring Carrots
- 2 bunches of fresh organic carrots
- 2 tablespoons Thrive® Algae Oil (or similar healthy oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly coat with oil).
- Rinse, lightly peel, and dry carrots, then arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil over the carrots, then sprinkle garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until carrots have reached your desired texture. (We prefer our carrots lightly crispy and removed at the 15 minute mark.)
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on the carrots and serve immediately.