When you load up your team with veggies, you’re not just fueling them for the big game or that all day tailgate. You’re also helping them pack in all the extra nutrients that come from a plant-based diet. So for your next tailgate, cookout, or picnic, opt for plant-based burgers, sausages, and yes, cheese to go with your favorite fruits and veggies. You’ll be eating more plants and spending time with friends and family all at once. It’s a win for everyone if you ask us.
Try making this easy plant-based side for your next cookout!
Riced Cauliflower with Quick Pickled Veggies
- 2 packages Earth Fare Organic Frozen Riced Cauliflower, defrosted
- 4 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup Earth Fare Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Earth Fare Organic Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 green onions
- Start by thinly slicing carrots and cucumber and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt together, stirring until dissolved. Add sliced cucumber and carrot to the mixture and let sit in fridge.
- Drain excess water from defrosted riced cauliflower.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking oil of choice. Once pan is hot, add drained riced cauliflower, stirring a couple times to heat through then let sit undisturbed for 5-7 minutes, letting some of the cauliflower char. Remove from heat and place in a potluck-friendly container.
- Drain excess liquid from pickled veggies and mix with riced cauliflower.
- Top with sliced green onions and cilantro leaves and serve.