From scratch-made specialties to convenient mixes, baking is more than creating a masterpiece. It’s about spending time together, making memories and passing those traditions down from generation to generation.
Start a new tradition when all your favorite fall flavors come together in this cookie recipe from the Earth Fare Bakery Team. The result is a soft, almost pastry-like cookie you’ll want to make all year long!
Makes 18 – 20 Cookies
– ½ cup Earth Fare Butter (room temperature)
– ⅓ cup Earth Fare Organic Cane Sugar
– ⅔ cup Earth Fare Organic Light Brown Sugar
– 1 Earth Fare Cage-Free Egg
– 1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
– ⅓ cup Earth Fare Pure Canned Pumpkin
– 1¾ cup Earth Fare All-Purpose Flour
– 1 tsp Earth Fare Baking Soda
– ½ tsp Earth Fare Sea Salt
– 1 tsp Earth Fare Ground Cinnamon
– ½ tsp Earth Fare Ground Ginger
– ¼ tsp Earth Fare Ground Nutmeg
– ¼ tsp Ground Clove
– ¾ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, mix to incorporate. Then add in pumpkin purée, mix until just combined (do not over mix).
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips. Dough should pull away from the sides on the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° F. Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Use two large tablespoon size scoops or a 2.5 oz. cookie scoop to portion the dough. Roll into balls and place onto parchment lined sheet — do not press down. Place 6 cookies per sheet pan, spacing out evenly between dough balls.
- Bake cookies for 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown on edges.
- Allow to rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.