Nothing marks the start of the holidays quite like a warm loaf of pumpkin bread. This bread is fluffy and lightly sweet, and we take it one step farther by adding walnuts, chocolate chips and raisins. You can also add just chocolate chips (seriously delicious), or play with your own add-ins (like cranberries or pumpkin seeds).
You can serve this bread fresh out of the oven, or warm it up for breakfast and top with an orange cream cheese. And even though this is dessert, the pumpkin packs some added benefits with beta-carotene, antioxidants, and fiber.
Yields 2 loaves
– 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, plus 1-2 tablespoons for greasing the pan
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 2 cups Earth Fare Organic Cane Sugar
– 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened, plus 1-2 tablespoons for greasing the pan
– 2 large Earth Fare Eggs
– 1 can Earth Fare Pure Pumpkin (15 ounces)
– 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
– 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
– 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Generously grease two loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix well and set aside.
3. In the large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in the pumpkin. The mixture might look grainy, but that’s ok!
4. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until well combined.
5. Add the walnuts, chocolate chips, and raisins and fold into batter until well combined.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans, and bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the loaves to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn onto the rack to cool completely. (If the loaves stuck to the pan, gently run a butter knife around the sides of the pan to release.)
8. Serve and enjoy!