This smoothie will balance your mood and hormones, while also providing fuel for your entire day with high-quality fats and phytonutrients.
– 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk (plus more, if needed to blend)
– 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
– ½ avocado, peeled
– 6 walnuts
– 6 almonds
– 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin, chia, sunflower, or sesame seeds
– 1 ½ cups frozen or fresh organic fruit, like berries, cherries, peached, pomegranates, or grapes
– 1 large leaf of kale
– 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
– 1 date, pitted
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high, until the mixture is uniform consistency.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Hind practiced traditional Internal Medicine for 17 years. Watching patients suffer under the weight of chronic illnesses such as cancer, Diabetes, and autoimmune disease, she became acutely aware of the inability of the current medical system to prevent and treat the growing epidemic of chronic disease. In 2012 she received additional training in molecular toxicology and Functional Medicine — the personalized approach to preventing and treating disease using diet, toxin avoidance, and stress reduction. In 2014 she opened You, M.D., a consulting firm dedicated to providing accurate information about the intersection between environmental toxins, industrial food and health, for businesses wanting to use health as a guide for societal change.