We’ve probably all been tempted at least once by a certain neon green milkshake at a certain fast food chain. (It’s ok!) We’ve turned that guilt around with this healthy take on minty smoothie just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
This Minty Shamrock Shake includes avocado for a good dose of healthy fat, but if you feel a little too green about that you can swap it for coconut oil. So raise your glass and toast those leprechauns in style with a minty kick.
Minty Shamrock Shake
- 2 heaping scoops of coconut milk ice cream (or ice cream of choice)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado (or 2 tablespoons coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (we used coconut-almond milk)
- Whipped cream and cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips) for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except whipped cream and cacao nibs) to a blender, and blend on a high speed until fully combined.
- Divide between 2 glasses and garnish with whipped cream and cacao nibs.