Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean with this recipe that features richly spiced chicken, savory garlic and artichoke hearts, tangy olives, and sweet caramelized lemons.
This chicken thigh sheet pan is a wonderful weekday meal that won’t take you hours in the kitchen. This meal cooks perfectly and only uses one dish to prepare the entire meal – so clean up is easy, too.
Chicken thighs are so moist and won’t dry out, which make them perfect for cooking at this high heat with all the other fruits and vegetables on the pan. Serve this chicken with a side of brown rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can drained quartered artichoke hearts
- 5.5 oz jar green olives – I used castelvetrano
- 2 lemons
- 2–3 whole garlic heads
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil – I used avocado oil
- 2-3 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and trim your chicken thighs. Pat them dry and set aside.
- Combine the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt in a small bowl and mix. Evenly distribute the spice mix on both sided of your chicken thighs and place them on a sheet pan.
- Cut the tops off your Garlic heads and peal away the outer skin and place them on the sheet pan.
- Slice one of your lemons in ¼ inch slices (you should get about 5-6 slices depending on the size of your lemons) and add them to the sheet pan along with your drained artichokes. Drizzle the whole pan with your oil, making sure you get plenty on the garlic and chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take the sheet pan out of the oven and add your tomatoes, olives and another drizzle of oil, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the parsley, coarsely chop and sprinkle over the sheet pan when it is done.
- When serving your chicken, squeeze out the pulp from the garlic cloves and serve alongside the tomatoes, artichokes and olives. Slice your remaining lemon in wedges and squeeze over your chicken.