It’s cold out! What better way to warm up with this comforting bowl of Lemon Curry Chicken served with brown rice and broccolini. This lemon curry sauce is so amazing, I could almost drink it!
The sauce is so versatile it would be just as fantastic substituting the chicken with cauliflower and chickpeas, making it a vegetarian meal.
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast
- 3 tbls ghee or cooking oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped
- optional: serve with brown rice and broccolini
- Dice chicken in 1 inch cubes, and sauté in 2 tbls ghee or oil until cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add the last tbls of ghee or oil, and stir in chopped onion. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and then add the garlic. Sauté 1 minute longer being carful not to burn garlic.
- Add turmeric, chili powder, cinnamon, poppy seeds, and cumin to pan, stirring for 1 -2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in coriander, and take off the heat.
- Put the onion spice mixture in a blender, add yogurt and lemon juice and blend well.
- Add salt and pepper, and pour mixture over cooked chicken. Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve over brown rice and roasted broccolini if desired.