When you’ve got a crowd to entertain, it’s nice to have an easy cocktail to have ready. Bonus points if it’s on the healthier side!
This kombucha sangria comes together in a flash, and is perfect for entertaining because it can (and should) be made ahead of time. Allowing the sangria to sit for a couple of hours—or even overnight—helps the fruit infuse into the wine. Then when your guests arrive, you just take it out of the fridge, stir in the fizzy kombucha, and serve!
The cranberries really add a pretty, festive touch, but they don’t give off too much flavor—which is why they’re optional.
Use your favorite kombucha here, and if you want a lighter and fizzier sangria, top individual glasses off with extra kombucha or mineral water!
- 1.5 bottles of red wine (750 ML bottle – Merlot or Malbec work well)
- 1 bottle of kombucha (GT Trilogy or Health Aid Pink Lady Apple work well)
- 1-2 apples
- 3 oranges
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup cranberries (optional)
- Sparkling water to top (optional)
- Core and chop apples into small cubes. Add to a glass pitcher.
- Slice one orange into thin slices and add to the pitcher with the apples. Squeeze the juice from the other two oranges into the pitcher.
- Add pomegranate arils and optional cranberries.
- Top fruit with wine and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- When you’re ready to serve the sangria, add the bottle of chilled kombucha and stir to combine.
- For a lighter, bubblier sangria, top glasses with a splash of additional kombucha or mineral water.