We all know that kids, especially toddlers, can sometimes be picky eaters. With my own kids, I have found that finger foods are always a hit – and who doesn’t love a combination that involves peas, cheese and bacon?
Mini quiches make the perfect go-to snack for little ones and can also be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And the best part? You can double the batch and freeze them for up to three months. Feel free to experiment and switch out ingredients to match your taste buds and your toddler’s palate.
Crustless Mini Quiche with Cheddar, Peas and Bacon
Yields 24 mini-muffin quiches
– 6 eggs
– 3 tablespoons coconut milk (or milk of choice)
– 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
– 3 pieces cooked bacon
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together eggs and coconut milk.
3. Stir in grated parmesan and add salt and pepper.
4. Using coconut oil or cooking spray, grease the mini-muffin pans generously.
5. Fill each cup up halfway with egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle bacon and a few peas into each one and pop into the oven.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until raised and golden.
8. Allow to cool slightly, then serve and enjoy!
Elizabeth Jacob is a freelance writer who has found a passion for cooking and photographing her way through the kitchen. After her nine-year-old son’s diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease and several struggles with doctors, she decided to fight his battle with dietary changes and clean eating. With her love of good food, learned photography skills and background in creative writing, she documents their journey on her lifestyle blog Yellow Finch. You can also follow along on her Instagram accounts @KicknCrohns and @ElizabethMJacob, Facebook and Twitter.