These delicious vegan kale stuffed sweet potatoes are a tasty way to get your veggies in. They are nourishing, healthy and filling. Stuffed with protein rich black beans, iron rich kale, beneficial mono-saturated fatty avocados and omega rich hemp hearts. Drizzled with a super yummy green tahini dressing.
Green Tahini Dressing:
- ¼ cup parsley, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of coconut sugar
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the sweet potatoes and let dry. Pierce with a fork a couple times, rub with a bit of oil, and put on a sheet pan in the oven for 40-60 minutes depending on how large your potatoes are. They are done when you can insert a knife easily to the middle of the potato. Once they are cool enough to handle, slice them in half and set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding parsley and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You will need to scrape the sides down a couple times. Then add the tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add more water 1 teaspoon at a time if you want it thinner. Set dressing aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and add shallots. Cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook another minute. Add kale and water. Put a lid on your pan and let the kale steam and cook down. Take the lid off and stir every few minutes until kale had reduced in size and is soft. I like to use tongs to do this. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain your black beans. Slice your avocados and set both aside.
- To assemble, put one or 2 potato halves on a plate. Top with warm kale mix, drained black beans, avocado slices and sprinkle with hemp hearts. Drizzle with dressing and serve.