The fall season brings a crisp chill to the air and a vibrant array of color to the landscape. But with the changing season brings a few challenges for our immune system. That’s why we like to proactively support our immune system with the best options found in nature, like sweet and tart Black Elderberries.
Black Elderberries are found in North America and Europe, and have been used for centuries to support immune function. In Native American Herbalism, the Black Elderberry plant is referred to as an “Elder” plant due to its long use as a tonic and food to promote health and vitality. Elderberries have also been used to make wine and syrup.
As support for the immune system, Black Elderberries are rich in antioxidants and flavonoid compounds. One of our favorite options is Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup, which concentrates the juice into 14.5 grams of Black Elderberries into a single teaspoon. It also features Acerola Cherry extract for additional Vitamin C support. It’s a great option for daily immune support, or for immediate support, and it tastes fantastic! You can take it by the spoonful, or add it to your favorite tea or smoothie. This spritzer is an easy option – popping with fizz from the sparkling water and a little heat from the fresh ginger.
You can find Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup, as well as GaiaKids® Black Elderberry Syrup and Gaia Herbs Nighttime Black Elderberry Syrup in our Wellness Department all year round.
Immune Boosting Black Elderberry Spritzer
- 2 to 4* teaspoons Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup (use 1 teaspoon per adult for daily support, or 2 teaspoons per adult for immediate support)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 bottle Earth Fare Sparkling Water, chilled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Add the ginger, lime juice and mint to a mortar and pestle and crush until muddled and blended. (Optionally, you can blend the ingredients together.)
- Divide the mixture between two glasses and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup to each glass. Stir until blended.
- Add 2 to 3 large cubes of ice to each glass, then top with sparkling water. (Optionally, you can reserve the Black Elderberry mixture and refrigerate until ready to use. Then simply combine with chilled sparkling water and enjoy immediately without ice.)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Gaia Herbs is a leading herbal brand with more than 200 liquid extracts, functional powders, teas, and patented Liquid Phyto-Caps™. On their farms in the US and Costa Rica, Gaia Herbs uses only organic methods to cultivate more than 6.5 million plants each year and that same organic approach is maintained throughout the manufacturing process to achieve the highest efficacy of each herb. Their seed to shelf commitment to purity, integrity, and potency ensures the highest quality and allows for complete transparency through MeetYourHerbs®, the industry’s only traceability program.