Pancakes are a breakfast staple that can often feel like an indulgence. With a few healthy swaps though, pancakes can be a filling, but still sweet, breakfast with just as much protein as an egg. Double (or even triple) this recipe to feed the whole family.
Serves 1 (recipe can easily be doubled to serve more)
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (I used Nutiva brand)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, ghee, or coconut oil (for frying pancakes)
- Nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Add all of the pancake ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a little bit of oil to a pan (I use a cast iron) over medium heat. Pour pancakes using a ¼ cup measuring cup and allow to cook until bubbles start to form.
- Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another 1-3 minutes until ready.
- Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy! (Note: if your batter is too thick, you can thin it out a little bit with your favorite milk.)