Everyone loves a good PB&J, but we don’t always want the added sugar that comes with jelly and preserves. This simple twist on the classic PB&J makes the most of ripe summer fruit! It’s the perfect snack for the beach, a summertime picnic, or backyard fun.
Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly
– 2 slices organic whole grain bread
– 2-4 Tablespoons almond butter or organic peanut butter
– 3-4 strawberries sliced or 1/2 peach, peeled and slice (Most any fruit works, so let your imagination get creative.)
1. Toast the bread, if desired.
2. Immediately spread the almond butter onto the bread, then top with fruit of choice.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Hind practiced traditional Internal Medicine for 17 years. Watching patients suffer under the weight of chronic illnesses such as cancer, Diabetes, and autoimmune disease, she became acutely aware of the inability of the current medical system to prevent and treat the growing epidemic of chronic disease. In 2012 she received additional training in molecular toxicology and Functional Medicine — the personalized approach to preventing and treating disease using diet, toxin avoidance, and stress reduction. In 2014 she opened You, M.D., a consulting firm dedicated to providing accurate information about the intersection between environmental toxins, industrial food and health, for businesses wanting to use health as a guide for societal change.