We cannot resist a fresh bowl of guacamole – no matter the time of year, or even the time of day. Guacamole makes the perfect snack, or the perfect topping loaded with healthy fats for morning eggs or grilled fish. But just to mix things up, we teamed up with Gaia Herbs to give traditional guacamole an energizing update with Gaia Herbs Maca Powder.
Maca is a root cultivated in the volcanic soils of the Andes in Peru. It’s been used as a caffeine-free, plant-based way to promote energy and vitality since the days of the Inca Empire.* And beyond aiding the body’s natural energy level, Maca also supports a healthy libido for men and women.* So add it to your guacamole before a weekend hike, or whatever other activities you might need energy for.
Gaia Herbs Maca Powder is steam and pressure extracted using a process called “gelatinization”, which removes the starch and provides pure, concentrated Maca for easier digestion. There are lots of ways to use Maca Powder, including in smoothies and in energy bites, like these from Reclaiming Yesterday.
We like our guacamole extra chunky for easy dipping, but feel free to whip it up smooth if that’s your thing. If you don’t quite feel like making guacamole from scratch, you can also grab some guacamole from our produce section and add Gaia Herbs Maca Powder right in!
Guacamole with Maca
- 4-5 hass avocadoes
- 2-3 limes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño (optional), seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Gaia Herbs Maca Powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out flesh into a medium bowl. Reserve one avocado pit and add to the bowl (this helps keep the avocados from turning brown). Immediately zest and juice 1 lime over the avocados.
- Add the minced garlic, red onion, chopped tomato, and chopped jalapeño and mix until combined. At this point you can mash ingredients for extra smooth guacamole, or leave the veggies a little chunky.
- Add the cilantro, Gaia Herbs Maca Powder, salt and pepper to combine. Top off with the juice from 1 more lime and taste. Add more lime, salt, and pepper to your desired taste.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips or fresh summer veggies!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Gaia Herbs is a leading herbal brand with more than 200 liquid extracts, functional powders, teas, and patented Liquid Phyto-Caps™. On their farms in the US and Costa Rica, Gaia Herbs uses only organic methods to cultivate more than 6.5 million plants each year and that same organic approach is maintained throughout the manufacturing process to achieve the highest efficacy of each herb. Their seed to shelf commitment to purity, integrity, and potency ensures the highest quality and allows for complete transparency through MeetYourHerbs®, the industry’s only traceability program.