We have all struggled trying to get our kids to eat more vegetables but this smoothie is the perfect snack to pack in loads of spinach, with a taste kids will love. In our house we call this smoothie The Green Monster.
It’s perfect for toddlers (just pop it in their sippy cups) and for babies make it a little thicker by cutting the coconut water down to 1/2 cup and serve it up with a spoon. The pineapple and banana make this smoothie nice and sweet, so even your pickiest vegetable eater won’t taste all of that wonderful spinach. The avocado gives it a nice creamy texture and adds some healthy fats. If you don’t have coconut water, regular water works just fine – I just prefer the extra electrolytes coconut water provides.
Green Monster Smoothie
– 3 tightly packed cups of spinach
– 1 1/2 cups coconut water
– 2 cups frozen pineapple
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1. In a blender, blend the spinach and coconut water until smooth.
2. Add the frozen pineapple, frozen banana and avocado. Blend again until smooth.
3. Serve and watch your little ones drink up those wonderful greens!