We have all struggled trying to get our kids to eat more vegetables but this juice is the perfect snack to pack in loads of spinach, with a taste kids will love. In our house we call this juice The Green Monster.
It’s perfect for toddlers (just pop it in their sippy cups) and for babies make it a little thicker by cutting the coconut water down to 1/2 cup and serve it up with a spoon. The pineapple and banana make this juice nice and sweet, so even your pickiest vegetable eater won’t taste all of that wonderful spinach. The avocado gives it a nice creamy texture and adds some healthy fats. If you don’t have coconut water, regular water works just fine – I just prefer the extra electrolytes coconut water provides.
Green Monster Juice
- 3 tightly packed cups of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- In a blender, blend the spinach and coconut water until smooth.
- Add the frozen pineapple, frozen banana and avocado. Blend again until smooth.
- Serve and watch your little ones drink up those wonderful greens!