You’ve heard all about celery juice by now, right? Rumor is that it can cure any disease, fight chronic inflammation, and is the magic ingredient for weight loss. No single vegetable or juice can really achieve all that, but eating more plants is always a good idea and as a whole can actually help prevent chronic illness, reduce inflammation, and so much more.
Celery is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin K, vitamin A, potassium, and folate, but if the stringy texture throws you off, you can still add it to a well-rounded green juice. Just be sure to pair it with a piece of whole grain toast and nut butter so you get in that fiber and healthy fats!
This recipe uses a blender, but if you have a juicer, feel free to use it!
Green Juice Recipe
- 1 bunch of green kale, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber, roughly sliced into about ½ in. chunks
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 4 whole celery stalks, cut into 3 in. pieces
- 1 cup filtered water (or try coconut water!)
- Gently wash produce.
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain juice through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. If the the pulp doesn’t bother you (that’s where all the fiber is), skip this step.
- Drink immediately or store in a tightly covered container for up to 48 hours in the fridge.