One of my favorite ways to relax in the evening is with a warm mug of golden milk. Getting in the holiday spirit, I made a Gingerbread Golden Milk. You get that sweet holiday cookie feeling without actually eating the cookie. It would also be great to add to your cup of coffee in the morning making it into a Gingerbread Golden Latte.
I took my original turmeric paste (posted in January), and made some small changes. I omitted the cardamom, and added: ginger, nutmeg, allspice and unfiltered blackstrap molasses. I also decided to make this with ghee instead of coconut oil to give it that buttery cookie taste. Once you’ve made the paste, keep it in a glass jar in the fridge and it’ll keep for a month. This recipe makes about ½ cup of the paste, which will make 12+ mugs of gingerbread golden milk.
If you want to make a gingerbread golden latte, just add 2 tsp of the paste to your coffee. Feel free to add a splash of dairy or dairy free milk.
Makes 12 servings
FOR THE GINGERBREAD TURMERIC PASTE:
- 2 tbls ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ashwagandha
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbls unfiltered blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbls ghee
- 1 tsp raw honey
FOR THE GOLDEN MILK:
- 6-8 oz dairy or dairy free milk
- Combine all the ingredients, except ghee and honey, in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until thickens.
- Take off the heat and add the ghee and raw honey, stir until melted.
- Allow mixture to cool, the store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- To make Gingerbread Golden Milk, whisk in 2 tsp paste into 1 cup warmed milk. To make it more frothy, mix in a blender.