The start of football season means the start of wing season. And we are loving this easy homemade option from Blount Organic. The zest of lime pairs perfectly with spicy chipotle peppers to please any crowd – no matter who is rooting for who.
– 2 cups of Blount Organic Chicken Tortilla Soup
– 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 1-2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on level of spice desired)
– 3 pounds of chicken wings, split at joint, tips removed
– 2 limes, quartered
– Chipotle pepper sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Meanwhile, puree the soup, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender or food processor.
3. Pour puree into a bowl and add chicken wings. Toss until coated.
4. Place chicken wings on a greased or lined baking sheet and put into the oven.
5. Turned once and bake until skin is golden and crisp.
6. Serve warm with fresh lime and hot sauce.
Blount Fine Foods started as an oyster packing operation on the coast of Rhode Island in 1880 before it became known for its delicious soups and chowders. Today, they remain the largest producer of Clam Chowder in New England and of Lobster Bisque in the country, and hold a steadfast commitment to handcrafted soups made with the freshest ingredients. And now you can find their fresh, organic soups ready-to-go in the cold case at Earth Fare.