Fennel belongs to the Umbellifereae family (parsley, carrots, dill and coriander), and like many of its fellow spices it is rich in phytonutrients, antioxidants and Vitamin C. This fennel slaw from Katlin on our Private Label team is a nice refresh of a classic coleslaw – and perfect for topping on tacos of all kinds!
– 2 fennel bulbs, sliced thin
– 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled
1. Put shaved or thinly sliced fennel in a bowl.
2. Combine all other ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour over fennel and stir.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. That’s it! Easy breeze and so good on tacos!