In the fall, I love to make seasonal salads. This one with roasted acorn squash is always a favorite. It’s super easy, especially when you pick up one of Earth Fare’s rotisserie chickens. I like to plan this for Monday night dinner because they are always on sale that day.
This salad is topped with a delicious maple tahini dressing.
For the salad:
- Arugula salad (I used half a container of Organic Girl)
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbls oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Rotisserie chicken breast, sliced (I like to leave the skin on)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Goat cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbls maple syrup
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tbls water, or more to reach desired consistency
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds and pulp. With cut side down, slice into 1 inch slices. Place slices on a sheet pan, coat with oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to cool. (this step can be done ahead of time and placed in the fridge a day or two ahead. That way you can assemble the salad quicker the day you make it)
- To make the dressing, put all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Add more water to thin it out to your desired consistency. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the salad, place arugula in a salad bowl. Top with chicken slices, roasted acorn squash, pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and pomegranate seeds. Toss with dressing or serve on the side.