I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for quick ways to make lunches ahead of time. This chicken salad comes together in no time, and the flavors are out of this world! Seriously, I don’t ever want to eat plain chicken salad again.
I also love that this omits the need for sandwich bread. For starters, if you make a chicken salad sandwich ahead of time on bread, it can get soggy. The tomatoes keep nicely for a few days in the fridge, eliminate a few unnecessary carbs (if you’re into that), and add more veggies in your diet. Win, Win!
(Note: for a ridiculously easy version of these Curry Chicken Salad Tomato Boats, pick up some Curry Chicken Salad from Earth Fare’s Deli! Don’t eat meat? They also carry a Vegan Mock Curry Chicken Salad.)
Curry Chicken Salad Tomato Boats
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 cups Earth Fare Whole Roasted Chicken meat, diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise (like Primal Kitchen)
- 1 cup grapes, halved or quartered depending on size
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 tomatoes, for stuffing
- Cut the top off of the tomatoes, scoop out the insides and turn upside down on a paper towel. (I like to dice up the insides and keep in the fridge for soups, adding to omelets, etc.)
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Serve inside tomatoes.