The holidays are a wonderful time of year full of friends, family, food, and fun. But we pack so much celebrating into 2 months, that sometimes it can take a toll on our systems. So while it’s perfectly healthy to indulge now and then, we also should remember to be kind to our bodies. We need our health to be top-notch to make all those happy memories, after all!
The good news is that detoxing during the holidays can be delicious AND festive. I love making fun, detox mocktails with yummy, purifying ingredients and an extra boost from herbal extracts.
This cranberry pomegranate detox fizz combines some of the best flavors of the season, which just so happen to be full of antioxidants. It’s refreshing and detoxing on its own, but you can really amp up the cleansing effect with Herb Pharm’s Liver Health blend. A couple of dropper fulls give your liver a helping hand with dandelion, milk thistle, Oregon grape root, and fennel seed.
So sip to your health and stay on the top of your holiday game this season!
Cranberry Pomegranate Detox Spritzer
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (plus extra for serving)
- 1 cup peeled orange segments (1-2 oranges)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup cold pressed cranberry juice (no sugar added)
- ½ tbs honey
- 2 dropper-fulls Herb Pharm Liver Health
- Club soda
- Fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnishing (optional)
- Add pomegranate arils, peeled orange segments, cranberry juice, and grated ginger to a blender. Blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the contents of the blender through a mesh strainer into a clean bowl, scraping the pulp with a back of a spoon to get all of the liquid through.
- To the strained liquid, add the honey and herbal extract, whisking to incorporate. Add ice to 4 tumblers and pour ½ cup of the juice mixture over the ice, and top with club soda. Garnish with additional pomegranate arils, fresh cranberries, and a sprig of rosemary.
Note: Depending on the sweetness of your pomegranate and orange, you may need additional honey. Adjust to your taste.