Total Prep & Cook Time: 40 minutes; Serves 4 people
For the Curry:
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 eggplants
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tsp: cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamom
- ½ tsp: fennel, fenugreek, chilli flakes, ground cloves
- 2 tbsp lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cup of water
- Handful of cashews
- 1 knob of ginger root
- 2oz The Coconut Collaborative Plain Yogurt
- Toppings: cashews, coriander, lime
For the rice:
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the butternut squash and eggplant into square chunks. Pile the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame oil and salt. Toss to coat with your hands.
- Spread the pieces on two baking sheets and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and turn off the oven.
Make the curry:
- While the vegetables are cooking, start preparing the korma sauce. Heat the oil, in a medium sized pot; add onion and cook until soft, add the ginger and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the spices and tomato paste. Stir well then return to the heat, sauté for 2 minutes. When the spices are fragrant, add The Coconut Collaborative Natural Coconut Yogurt, cashews, lime and water. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir The Coconut Collaborative Plain yogurt, add the honey and salt, if needed.
- Add the vegetables into the curry. Add toppings. Serve immediately & enjoy!