This Coconut Curry Soup is a favorite in our house. You will love the Thai flavors of this chicken noodle soup. Perfect for a cold winter’s night, or anytime you want a warm bowl of comfort.
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbls red curry paste
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 head baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/3 package udon noodles
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 sliced in wedges for serving
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add ginger and garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add pepper, green onions and cook 1 more minute. Stir in red curry sauce and cook 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add noodles. Reduce to simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Stir in the coconut milk, baby bok choy, freshly squeezed lime juice and chicken. Cook until warm, being careful not to boil. Serve with additional lime wedges.