You’ll love the delicious Thai curry flavors that infuse this hearty vegan meal.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 can Earth Fare coconut milk, full fat
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth, more if needed to cover potatoes
- 24 ounces (1 bag) Sunrise Medley bite sized potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cans Earth Fare chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 package Right Rice, cooked to directions on package
- cilantro for garnish
- crushed cashews for garnish
- Dice your potatoes in quarters or sixths depending on size of potato. You want them small so they’ll be covered when it comes time to cook them.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add coconut oil and once hot add the onion. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Then add the garlic, ginger and red curry paste, stirring it all together and cook for a couple minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Add potatoes, soy sauce and brown sugar, stirring everything well. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 30 -40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. You may need to add more vegetable broth as you go if some broth evaporates and potatoes aren’t covered.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add the drained chickpeas and spinach. It will look like a lot of spinach, but it will wilt down; just keep stirring it around well, I like to use tongs for this. Once the spinach is wilted turn off the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of lime juice, taste and add 1 more if you like more lime flavor. Then set it aside on the stovetop.
- Cook your rice according to the directions on the package. Serve chickpea potato curry with rice and top with cilantro and crushed cashews.