It’s so important to have something wholesome to eat in the morning, but on busy days it’s not always easy to do. I’m a big fan of make-ahead breakfasts so that the work is already done for me when I’m rushing trying to get out the door.
These chia and berry overnight oats are one of my go-to’s when the weather is warm. The oats and chia seeds soak up all of the liquid overnight so there’s no need to cook! A little bit of Greek yogurt adds extra creaminess, and the hemp seeds add texture and omega-3 fatty acids.
My favorite way to flavor these overnight oats is mixed berries. Personally, I like using thawed, frozen berries because they are a little “saucier” that way. But you can easily use fresh fruit as well – or a combo of both!
These creamy chia and berry overnight oats are kid friendly as well, making them perfect for school mornings. Whether you’re heading out to school, work, or that 8 AM college class, they’re a convenient and delicious way to start the day!
Creamy Chia and Berry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Heaping ½ cup of mixed berries (frozen and thawed, or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1.5 cups milk of your choice (I used hemp milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- Generous pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate overnight.
- Divide between 2 bowls or jars and serve with additional Greek yogurt, fresh or frozen berries, and sliced almonds, if desired.
- After mixing the ingredients, you can refrigerate in the mixing bowl, or divide immediately into jars and refrigerate servings separately.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make breakfast for the whole school or work week.