Smoothies are a great way to fit in a lot of nutrients in one convenient and portable meal. But sometimes smoothies can be really high in sugar (even natural sugar) from fruit and fruit juice. To cut the sugar back a bit and add some veggie power, I love to use frozen cauliflower in my smoothies!
Before you think that sounds crazy, hear me out! This hidden cauliflower smoothie is very sneaky. Cauliflower has a neutral taste, and when mixed with fruits it goes completely undetected! I like to use Earth Fare’s Frozen Riced Cauliflower, because it’s super convenient and gives my blender a head start.
Benefits of adding cauliflower to your smoothies:
- Lowers sugar levels to keep our blood sugar steady without crashes.
- Cauliflower is low in calories, and high in nutrients.
- Your smoothie will blend up thick and creamy.
Try adding cauliflower to your next smoothie and I’m sure you’ll be just as hooked as I am!
Hidden Cauliflower Smoothie
- ¾ cup Earth Fare Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit (bananas, mangos, berries, etc)*
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (unsweetened)
Optional smoothie add-ins:
- Maca powder
- Collagen peptides
Optional smoothie toppings:
- Kiwi, blueberries, coconut flakes, bee pollen
*Note: Sweeter fruits like banana, mango, and pineapple will make a sweeter smoothie, while berries will give you a slightly less sweet smoothie.
- Add all ingredients except smoothie toppings to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding a little more liquid if necessary. Pour and top with optional toppings!