The holiday season is one of the most joyful times of the year, but all of the extra planning, shopping, traveling, and other seasonal activities can really pile on the stress.
When things start to feel overwhelming, it’s good to take a few deep breaths and remember everything we have to be grateful for. Then, just pour yourself a glass of this Calming Coconut Milk Egg Nog!
This classic holiday treat gets reinvented with silky coconut milk and the addition of lemon balm extract which supports the nervous system and promotes an overall feeling of calmness.
Herb Pharm® Lemon Balm Blend is one of my favorite herbal extracts, and one that I recommend to people all the time to fight stress and anxiety. Try adding it to a glass of this creamy egg nog and toast to a calm and relaxing holiday season!
Calming Coconut Milk Eggnog
– 1 can light coconut milk (unsweetened)
– 2 organic egg yolks
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 dropperful Herb Pharm® Lemon Balm Blend
1. Add egg yolks to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until combined. Taste and adjust sweetness to your preference.
2. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to one hour (to chill) and serve. To garnish glasses, run a dampened napkin around the rim and dip in coconut sugar and cinnamon.
Note: consuming raw egg yolks can increase the risk of salmonella, although quality eggs from healthy hens pose a much lower risk than conventionally raised eggs. If you’re uncomfortable consuming raw eggs yolks, you can leave them out, or cook the yolks in the following method:
Add egg yolks to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add coconut milk, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Pour the hot liquid into the egg yolks slowly, whisking continuously to avoid scrambling the eggs. Once you have tempered the eggs, pour the mix back into the pot and cook over medium-low heat for several minutes, stirring constantly. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Stir in the lemon balm blend before serving.