I’m sure by now you’ve heard of cauliflower rice, but did you know there is something called broccoli rice too? Earth Fare carries it in their frozen department! I love these low carb options and the fact that I’m eating more vegetables is a plus!
This meal is similar to a traditional chicken and rice meal, but substitutes broccoli rice. It comes together quick in one skillet, which makes it great for a busy weeknight. Most of the ingredients have a long shelf life, so you could have these right on your shelf or in your freezer already! Pick up a rotisserie chicken and you’ve got yourself a meal.
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbls butter
- 1 12oz frozen bag of Earth Fare Broccoli Rice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 12 oz jar roasted bell pepper strips
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella, depending on preference
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter and stir in diced onion. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli rice, and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, simmer and cook for 5 minutes covered.
- Rinse and drain your artichokes and roasted peppers, and stir into the pan along with the cooked chicken.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and cover for an additional 5 minutes. When heated through, stir in salt and pepper to taste and serve.