Brioche Bread is a classic bread from France that has a dark, golden crust and a rich, tender crumb. It has a high egg and butter content, making it slightly puffier than regular bread and absolutely ideal for a decadent french toast. This recipe is a foolproof version from our bakery team and will have you ready to greet any morning with a smile!
Brioche French Toast
– 1 loaf of Brioche bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
– 1 teaspoon orange zest
– 1 tablespoon orange juice
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup milk
– 6 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– Fruit for topping (optional)
1. Slice brioche into 1/2″ slices.
2. Zest orange and squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the orange.
3. Whisk together cream, milk and eggs.
4. Add orange juice and zest.
5. Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Heat pan to medium high and add butter (or oil) to the pan.
7. Drip the brioche slices into the egg and cream mixture, taking care to coat each side entirely.
8. Fry each slice until the slice is golden brown on both sides.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fruit, if desired.
10. Serve and enjoy!