Brioche Bread is a classic bread from France that has a dark, golden crust and a rich, tender crumb. It has a high egg and butter content, making it slightly puffier than regular bread and absolutely ideal for a decadent french toast. This recipe is a foolproof version from our bakery team and will have you ready to greet any morning with a smile.
Serves 6-8 (2 slices per serving)
- 2 loaves of Earth Fare Brioche bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Earth Fare eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Fruit for topping (optional)
- Slice brioche into 1/2″ slices.
- Zest orange and squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the orange.
- In a pie plate or shallow baking dish, whisk together cream, milk and eggs.
- Add orange juice, zest, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat pan to medium high and add butter (or oil) to the pan.
- Dip the brioche slices into the egg and cream mixture, taking care to coat each side entirely.
- Fry each slice until the slice is golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fruit, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!