In case you haven’t heard, kombucha is hot in the health food scene right now. Kombucha is a fermented beverage made from black tea and sugar (from various sources including cane sugar, fruit or honey).
Due to the fermentation process, kombucha is naturally fizzy and full of gut healthy probiotics. As we know, good health starts in the gut, and including probiotic-rich foods in our diet can help:
- Improve digestion and immune health
- Increase energy levels and aid in weight loss
- Amp up the body’s detoxification system
While a cold glass of kombucha is delicious on its own, I love to jazz it up just a little with the season’s most beautiful citrus—blood oranges. These blood orange kombucha spritzers are great when you have a few friends over and you want a healthy and creative alternative to soft drinks!
Blood Orange Kombucha Spritzer
- Juice from 2 blood oranges
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 1 cup Kombucha (I used Health Ade Ginger Lemon)
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Mint to garnish (optional)
- Add orange juice, lime juice, kombucha, and sparkling water to a bowl or small pitcher and stir to combine.
- Pour over ice and garnish with orange slices and mint.