Whenever I make these, we always say we could eat them twice a week. They are so easy, and cook up fast.
Sometimes I don’t feel like the cayenne, so I use smoked paprika, and I love it just as much. I either make my own sauce that is just ranch and a couple squeezes of sriracha. And sometimes I’ll buy a premade habanero ranch (from the produce department). But these tacos also taste amazing with just the fish and lime marinated cabbage mix.
These will be your favorite go-to fish taco, I promise.
- 2 cups of white and purple cabbage with carrots
- 2 limes squeezed, around 3 tablespoons.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thick white fish, grouper and cod work well
- Earth Fare blue corn taco shells
- Cilantro for topping
- Optional ranch dressing and sriracha for sauce
- Marinade your slaw mixture with the lime, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt. Set aside for about an hour, stirring a couple times.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and pat your fish dry. Slice it into strips.
- Combine the paprika, garlic granules, oregano, cayenne and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle over the fish, making sure to get it on both sides.
- Cook your fish for about 5-10 minutes, making sure not to over cook or it will dry out.
- Assemble your tacos with your fish and slaw. Top with cilantro and serve with optional sriracha ranch dressing.