When you load up your team with veggies, you’re not just fueling them for the big game or that all day tailgate. You’re also helping them pack in all the extra nutrients that come from a plant-based diet. So for your next tailgate, cookout, or picnic, opt for plant-based burgers, sausages, and yes, cheese to go with your favorite fruits and veggies. You’ll be eating more plants and spending time with friends and family all at once. It’s a win for everyone if you ask us.
Barbecue Ranch Beyond Burger with Vegan Buffalo Onion Rings
- 4 Beyond Meat Burger patties
- Vegan ranch
- Vegan barbecue sauce
- 8 slices tempeh bacon or other vegan bacon
- 8 slices Violife Just Like Cheddar Slices
- 4 burger buns
For onion rings:
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 3 tsp hot sauce, divided
- 1 tsp Earth Fare Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Earth Fare All Purpose Flour
- ½-1 tsp Earth Fare Organic Cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup Earth Fare Panko
For onion rings:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and slice onion into ⅓-inch thick slices and separate into rings. Set aside.
- In one bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk, 2 tsp hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar. It should thicken.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, cayenne, and salt.
- In a third bowl, mix together panko and 1 tsp hot sauce.
- Slice by slice, take onion and dip in almond milk mixture, then coat completely in flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Dip in almond milk again then coat completely in panko.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray then place onions, spraying the top of them with more nonstick spray.
- Bake until brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cook Beyond Burgers according to package instructions, add two slices of cheese to each patty 1-2 minutes before finished cooking.
- Cook vegan bacon according to package instructions.
- To assemble, top bottom bun with vegan ranch, then Beyond Burger, onion ring, vegan bacon, barbecue sauce, and finally the top bun.