You’ve probably heard of the superfood, Kale. This vibrant, dense green is low in calories, while high in fiber, iron and vitamins – and it’s packed with antioxidants. These Baked Kale Chips are absolutely perfect for the days when you want to put this super green to use on-the-go.
Baked Kale Chips
– 1/2 bunch of Kale leaves
– 1/2 Tablespoon Earth Fare Extra Virgin Olive Oil or melted coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 Teaspoon fine grain sea salt
– Optional Spices: chili powder, onion powder, smoke paprika, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Thoroughly rinse and dry kale, then separate the leaves from the stems in large pieces. Dry the piece once more to ensure no water remains.
3. Place kale leaves into a large bowl and massage the oil into the leaves, making sure to coat each leaf but not too heavily.
4. Combine garlic powder and sea salt in a small bowl (along with any additional spices you’d like). Sprinkle seasonings over the kale leaves and toss to combine.
5. Spread seasoned kale leaves onto the baking sheet in an even layer, making sure not to overlap the leaves. (This will guarantee crispy kale chips!)
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the kale leaves begin to firm up. (The kale will look shrunken at this point, but that’s all part of being crispy.)
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for an additional 3-5 minutes. Then dig in and enjoy!