There’s nothing like fresh berries during the summertime. Bursting with flavor and antioxidants, they are the perfect way to top off a decadent treat like creamy brie cheese.
This recipe is easy to make for parties, family dinners, or just a good weeknight treat. If you don’t want to bake the brie, the berry salsa also pairs well with a chilled slice of brie cheese (and can be packed up separately for a picnic). Even better, the salsa can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. It also makes a great topping on yogurt, granola, or ice cream!
Baked Brie with Honey Berry Salsa
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries, halved
- 1/3 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon almonds, thinly sliced
- 1 8-ounce La Bonne Vie Brie cheese wheel
- 1 Earth Fare Organic Baguette, thinly sliced (or crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the unwrapped brie cheese on the parchment paper and set aside. (Optional, you can carefully trim off the top rind from the brie. This will allow the cheese to ooze out once baked and makes for a stunning presentation.)
- Combine berries and fresh mint in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, cider vinegar and honey in a separate bowl until well combined. Then pour over the berry mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Bake the brie in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese begins to expand and bubbles appear around the edges. (Note: check on the brie often. Your oven may run warm!) If you prefer a toasted baguette, simply pop in the baguette slices while the brie is cooking.
- Allow the brie to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before topping with berry salsa. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.