Collagen is all the rage right now. From Instagram influencers to your next-door neighbor, you’ve probably seen collagen peptides everywhere. This isn’t just a fad though. Since our bodies naturally reduce collagen production as we age, replacing that collagen through a supplement, like Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, can have many positive effects. But what benefits does collagen really have and how do you know which one is right for you?
Benefits of Collagen
If you maintain healthy collagen levels in your body, you’re likely to experience a number of fantastic benefits:
- Radiant Skin: First and foremost, collagen loss is directly correlated with skin aging. Taking a supplement like Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides can help promote a youthful appearance, helping to support glowing skin.
- Strong Hair and Nails: The same supplement also helps support healthy, full hair and strong, fast-growing nails.
- Healthy Bones and Joints: The benefits of collagen are more than skin deep. A consistent collagen routine can also help protect your bones and joints.
- Post-Workout Recovery: Without the ability to recover post-workout, it can become difficult to exercise as your collagen production slows. Collagen peptides can help support muscle recovery by promoting healthy nitrogen balance, making it a must-have for those trying to maintain a fit, active lifestyle.
- Gut Health: Collagen contains large amounts of the amino acid glycine, an amino acid that isn’t as prevalent in our modern diets as it used to be. Glycine and glutamine, another amino acid, can help promote healthy digestion and support a functional gut lining.
- Sleep: The glycine content of collagen has also been associated with helping to promote deep, restful sleep, one of the most important aspects of beauty, health, and general well-being.
What’s the Best Way to Take Collagen?
The Vital Proteins family of products offer something for everyone, whatever your wellness goals and however you want to add collagen to your day. Whether you want to start your day the Vital way, have sustained energy throughout the day with a boost of collagen protein, or prefer to take your collagen to wind down, you can find the right Vital Proteins collagen for you in the wellness department of your local Earth Fare.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.